Sunday 8 July 2012

TNA Destination X 2012 Preview

File:Destination X (2012).jpg

Destination X takes place this Sunday at the usual place of the Impact Wrestling Zone in Orlando, Florida. There are 9 matches, but most of them are the tournament to determine the new X-Division Champion, which was vacated by Austin Aries (the best thing in TNA right now). Therefore, I'm going to do predictions on the non-tournament matches and who I think could win the X-Division Tournament.

AJ Styles will take on Christopher Daniels in a last man standing match. I generally like last man standing matches and I hope not to be disappointed here. Whilst I think that AJ Styles will win, I don't think that that will be the end of the feud between these two.
Predicted Winner: AJ Styles

The X-Division Tournament will be between Kid Kash, Zema Ion, Douglas Williams, Sonjay Dutt, Rashad Cameron, Kenny King, Flip Cassanova and one of Rubix, Lars Only, Mason Andrews and Dakota Darsow. I don't know much about the independent scene in the US except for Kenny King so this is a tough one to predict. It would make more sense if an independent would win it so I'm going on a limb and picking Kenny King to be the new X-Division Champion.
Predicted Winner: Kenny King

Samoa Joe will take on Kurt Angle in a Bound for Glory Series match. Joe is currently 2nd in the Series and has a lot of momentum. However, I think that Angle will win this one.
Predicted Winner: Kurt Angle

The main event will be Austin Aries (the best thing in TNA right now) challenging Bobby Roode for the TNA World Championship. This has the ability to be one of the matches of the year, provided it doesn't end in a TNA clusterfuck as usual. I really REALLY want Aries to win this match. However, it would make no sense for him to have a brief title reign before giving back to Roode. Barring something really bad happening, James Storm is going to win the Bound for Glory Series and will beat Roode at Bound for Glory. Roode has to stay Champion til then. Plus, I think it will be a good ending to the PPV seeing Aries distraught because he lost everything. Therefore, for the first time, I'm going against the best thing in TNA right now and predicting that Bobby Roode will retain. I hope that Aries can forgive me.
Predicted Winner: Bobby Roode

After Slammiversary, TNA are in a good position right now. I hope they can continue that with this PPV. As always, I won't get to see it til Wednesday night, so the review will be up before the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment