Sunday 7 April 2013

WWE Wrestlemania 29 Preview

The 29th Wrestlemania will be taking place this evening at the MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. I found the last two Wrestlemanias to be slightly disappointing. However, with the way WWE have been with their PPVs so far this year, I am cautiously optimistic. Let's look at the card.

The Pre-Show match will be for The Intercontinental Championship as The Miz challenges Wade Barrett. This should be a good match if they get enough time and don't turn it into a clusterfuck. I would like Miz to win it but I think they will stay with Barrett for now.
Predicted Winner: Wade Barrett

We will see a inter-gender tag match as the team of Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls take on Team Rhodes Scholars and the Bella Twins. This has the ability to be a decent match and I can see Tons of Funk winning. However, I really don't want that to happen so I'm going to for Rhodes Scholars/Bella Twins to win.
Predicted Winners: Rhodes Scholars and the Bella Twins

The Tag Team Championships will be defended as Team Hell No are challenged by the team of Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston. I'm quite looking forward to this match as I quite excited to see Langston's WWE debut. I have a feeling that Team Rhodes Scholars will be the next Tag Team Champions so I think that Team Hell No will win.
Predicted Winners: Team Hell No

Ryback takes on Mark Henry in a modern version of a pissing contest. This could be a very interesting contest. It would be nice if Henry wins the match but Ryback seems to be Super Cena protection at the minute so I think he'll win.
Predicted Winner: Ryback

Chris Jericho  will take on Fandango  in what could be a good match. As long as Justin Roberts remembers to pronounce his name correctly, I think we will see Fandango be victorious in his Wrestlemania debut.
Predicted Winner: Fandango

The Shield will take on the WWE version of the Avengers: Randy Orton, Sheamus and The Big Show. While I have enjoying the Shield's success since they debuted, I can't see them winning. So, I'm going for Sheamus, Orton and Show to win.
Predicted Winners: Sheamus, Randy Orton and The Big Show

Brock Lesnar will face Triple H in a No Holds Barred match with the added stipulation that if Triple H loses, he must retire. This will be an extremely brutal contest but Triple H has to win this. He has to.
Predicted Winner: Triple H

The World Heavyweight Championship is on the line as Alberto Del Rio is challenged by Jack Swagger. I have been impressed with Swagger and Zeb Colter over the last few weeks but I can't see him being Champion although I think it could be done very well. I expect Del Rio to win but don't be surprised if you hear "I'm Here to Show the World" after the match.
Predicted Winner: Alberto Del Rio

CM Punk will be the 18th person to end The Streak with The Undertaker goes for 21-0. Even though I didn't like the match was set up, I think this has the possibility to be the match of the night and a contender of match of the year. CM Punk has come on so much since Money in the Bank 2011 and it would be great to see him end the streak. However, even though there will be times where you think Punk is going to win, he won't. Therefore, I'm going for The Undertaker to extend his streak.
Predicted Winner: The Undertaker

The main event will be Once Twice in a Lifetime as  John Cena challenges The Rock for the WWE Championship. This should be a good match as The Rock has improved over the last few months. I would love to see The Rock. However, it looks like that the WWE want to make 2013 The Year of Cena (yay) so I'm picking Cena to win.
Predicted Winner: John Cena

Due to work, I won't get to see the event for at least a week. I hope to publish an article on The Hall of Fame during the week along with my Lockdown review. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment