Sunday 26 January 2014

Royal Rumble 2014 Preview





The Road to Wrestlemania 30 begins at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh with the Royal Rumble. Only 5 matches have been announced so far but it should be a fun event. Let's look at the card.

The Kick Off match is The New Age Outlaws challenging Cody Rhodes and Goldust for the Tag Team Championship. Whilst it's nice to see the Outlaws back, they shouldn't win the match as I feel it would be a backward step. Therefore, I'm going for Cody and Goldust here.
Predicted Winner: Cody Rhodes and Goldust

Big Show faces Brock Lesnar in a match that I'm torn over. We've seen this match before and I feel that Lesnar has to win this to look strong going into Elimination Chamber. So, Lesnar to win here.
Predicted Winner: Brock Lesnar

In a match that I'm looking forward to, Daniel Bryan will face Bray Wyatt. It was weird seeing Bryan with the Wyatt Family and I thought it would last a bit longer but it looks that WWE are going in a different direction and I would be very surprised if Bryan doesn't win here.
Predicted Winner: Daniel Bryan

John Cena will get his rematch for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against Randy Orton. I thought that Orton will win the match but with Brock Lesnar waiting in the wings, I wasn't so sure. I'm going to stick to my guns and say Orton will win here. However, I won't be surprised if this turns into a clusterfuck and we see a triple threat match at Elimination Chamber.
Predicted Winner: Randy Orton

The Royal Rumble match is, unless it's really obvious, is a tough one to predict. With the World Championships now unified, I can't see WWE going with someone new. Batista has been touted along with CM Punk, who thanks to Kane, is entering as number 1. I think that Punk will come close but probably get screwed. Batista is very tempting but I'm taking a risk and saying that Bryan will win here and hopefully reignite the feud between The Authority and Bryan.
Predicted Winner: Daniel Bryan

I will try to see this live but if not, it will be during the week and weeks later like I have done over the last year. Hope you guys enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment