Saturday 20 May 2017

NXT Takeover: Chicago Preview

NXT Takeover: Chicago will be taking this evening at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, just outside Chicago. I'm quite looking forward to this one and we will be having 4 Championships on the line instead of the usual 3, so let's look at the card.

Roderick Strong vs Eric Young
WWE have been pushing Strong with vignettes recently and that's exactly what he needs. I think Strong is a good wrestler but he doesn't seem to have much of a character. Despite the push, Young has the other members of SAnitY to interfere like fuck and help him get the win.
Predicted Winner: Eric Young

Pete Dunne vs Tyler Bate
United Kingdom Championship
A tough one to call. Bate has been impressive and I feel that it might be time to see a new Champion therefore, Dunne to win here.
Predicted Winner: Pete Dunne

Ruby Riot vs Nikki Cross vs Asuka
NXT Women's Championship
Shame that Ember Moon is injured to be in this as she was my pick to win. I feel that it's too soon for Ruby and Nikki would be awesome as Champion. However, Asuka's recent heel turn, which I have been wanting for fucking months, could be derailed if she loses. Therefore, I think they will keep the status quo.
Predicted Winner: Asuka

#DIY vs The Authors of Pain
Ladder Match for the NXT Tag Team Championship
I think that this could be a match of the year candidate. The Authors of Pain's best matches have been against #DIY and the addition of ladders could make this a really good match. I'm going for The Authors of Pain to win.
Predicted Winners: The Authors of Pain

Hideo Itami vs Bobby Roode
NXT Championship
Oh God, I spent ages thinking about this. I can see either guy winning as it can work either way. With Shinsuke Nakamura and Samoa Joe leaving, I was worried about the main event scene. However, with Hideo, Kassius Ohno, Drew McIntyre and possibly Roderick Strong being in the mix, it looks good for the next year. The only thing that at the minute, they are all faces. Because of that, I feel that Roode will win this and stay Champion for the time being.
Predicted Winner: Bobby Roode

I will hopefully watch this over the weekend or early in the week and until the review goes up, I hope you guys enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment