Monday 16 April 2012

TNA Lockdown 2012 Predictions


It’s time for another TNA PPV live from the Impact Wrestling Zone...wait. Sorry, I’ve been so used to all of TNA taking place in Orlando, that it’s become a force of habit to write that. Lockdown is actually taking place at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee. There are 7 matches taking place on the card, all of them in a steel cage.

Robbie E will get his rematch for the Television Champion against champion Devon. It could be an entertaining contest but then again, it could not. I think that Devon will win and retain.
Predicted Winner: Devon

The Undefeated Crimson will take on Matt Morgan in what will be a brutal encounter. If this match wasn’t in a steel cage, I would have predicted that this match would have ended in a double count out o disqualification. If TNA play this right, this feud could go into the summer, so I’m going for Crimson to win this one and Morgan getting his revenge some time in the near future.
Predicted Winner: Crimson

Eric Young and ODB will defend their Knockout Tag Team Championship against Rosita and Sarita. Yeah...I can’t get up for this match as I don’t care for the Eric Young/ODB angle and I hate the way that Eric Young always grapples the referee. Anyway, expect Young and ODB to win this one.
Predicted Winners: Eric Young and ODB

Velvet Sky will finally get her rematch against Gail Kim for the Knockouts Championship. With Madison “Screamer” Rayne, Gail does have a strong advantage but Velvet can do it. This is a tough one to call and I think that Gail will retain and Velvet will win the Championship another time.
Predicted Winner: Gail Kim

Kurt Angle will once again take on Jeff Hardy in what could be the match of the night. The fact that it’s in a steel cage does open up a lot more possibilities for them. I think that Hardy will do some amazing spot from the top of the steel cage to help him get the victory.
Predicted Winner: Jeff Hardy

The Tag Team Championships are on the line as the Motor City Machine Guns make their return to challenge Samoa Joe and Magnus. I have liked Joe and Magnus as Champions and this could be a great contest. I think that they will retain.
Predicted Winners: Samoa Joe and Magnus

Now to a match that I’m torn on: Team Eric (Eric Bischoff, Gunner, Bully Ray, Kazarian and Christopher Daniels) versus Team Garrett (Garrett “Future of the Business” Bischoff, AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson and Austin Aries (the best thing in TNA right now)) in a Lethal Lockdown match (?) Most of the talent are great, especially Aries and Bully Ray, although I’m not happy that Aries is now a good guy. However, I don’t give a fuck about the outcome of this match as either Eric or Garrett will leave TNA if they lose. I don’t like Eric because of his huge ego; and I don’t like Garrett because I hate the fact that he is getting a big push at the expense of more talented wrestlers. With the amount of talent involved, there is no way that this cannot be a fun match. I think that Team Garrett will win and Eric will be “wished well on his future endeavours”
Predicted Winners: Team Garrett

Now to the main event, James Storm in his home state will challenge his former Beer Money partner Bobby Roode for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Storm will get a lot of support from the audience and will be overwhelming favourite. With the steel cage, Roode will find it hard to find some way to weasel out of it and he may have to win clean (big thing to say, I know). However, the potential of a great story has been ruined by the Hulk Hogan Show over the last month and if he doesn’t get involved in this match, I will be very surprised. My Shenanigans Sense is tingling wildly in this match and I hope that we have a good and entertaining contest that ends cleanly and have James Storm become the World Heavyweight Champion.
Predicted Winner: James Storm

As always, I won’t get to see the event until Wednesday evening so I will post up a review on Thursday. I hope you enjoy the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment