Sunday 27 January 2013

WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Preview



The 2013 Royal Rumble will take place this evening at the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona. Who will win the Royal Rumble match and get to headline Wrestlemania; or more likely, open the show? Let's take a look.

The Pre-Show match is for the United States Championship as The Miz challenges Antonio Cesaro. The Miz has been ok in his face turn so far. However, I can see him winning. Therefore, I'm going for Cesaro to retain.
Predicted Winner: Antonio Cesaro

The Tag Team Championships are on the line as Rhodes Scholars challenge Team Hell No. I've enjoyed Hell No's title reign, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore, I'm going for Rhodes Scholars to get the win and we'll see the beginning of the end for Team Hell No.
Predicted Winners: Rhodes Scholars

The World Heavyweight Championship will be defended in a last man standing match between The Big Show and Alberto Del Rio. I normally enjoy last man standing matches so I'm quite looking forward to it. I think that Del Rio will win and possibly have to deal with Dolph Ziggler in the near future.
Predicted Winner: Alberto Del Rio

The WWE Championship will be defended as The Rock challenges CM Punk. This should be an entertaining contest. I would love CM Punk to win this but I don't see it happening. I think that The Rock will win and become WWE Champion for the first time in over 10 years.
Predicted Winner: The Rock

We now get to the Royal Rumble match and as usual, there are 4 or 5 people that could win it and the last few Rumble have had surprise winners. Ziggler will be entering at either No 1 or No 2 and I would love for him to win it. However, I feel that the WWE are building towards Rock/Cena II at Wrestlemania, which I REALLY don't want to see. Therefore, even though I don't like the guy, I'm going for John Cena to win the Rumble. Hopefully, I will be proved wrong.
Predicted Winner: John Cena

I'll get to see the event during the week and review it then. Three of my twitter buddies DXDONMEGA, nickgator and coreysantiago will be there so I hope that they, and you, enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment