Sunday 19 May 2013

WWE Extreme Rules 2013 Preview




Extreme Rules takes place this evening at the Scotrrade Center in St Louis. After an entertaining Wrestlemania (which I'll publish the review for next week), how will Extreme Rules go? Let's look at the card.

The Pre-Show match will be between The Miz and Cody Rhodes. This could be a good match and it's a tough one to call. I'm going for The Miz to win here.
Predicted Winner: The Miz

Randy Orton will face The Big Show in an Extreme Rules match. I can see this being quite brutal yet probably not very entertaining. I'm going for Randy Orton to win here.
Predicted Winner: Randy Orton

Chris Jericho will take on Fandango in a match that I would normally look forward to if it wasn't for that stupid fucking dance off they had last Monday. Anyway, Fandango won their last match so I think that Jericho will win here and possibly continue the feud.
Predicted Winner: Chris Jericho

Sheamus will face Mark Henry in a strap match, in which the rules are that you have to touch each turnbuckle in succession to win the match. This has the ability to be an entertaining match and it's a tough one to call. I'm going to take a slight punt and go for Mark Henry to win.
Predicted Winner: Mark Henry

The Tag Team Championships are on the line in a Tornado Tag Match as Team Hell No are challenged by Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns from The Shield. I strongly feel that Hell No title reign is going to end here. The Shield have been looking very strong, only losing their matches by disqualification. I'll think you will be looking at new Tag Team Champions after this match. If you don't, I will be very surprised.
Predicted Winners: The Shield

"So, what's happened to Dean Ambrose?" I hear you say. Well, he is challenging Kofi Kingston for the United States Championship. I was a bit pissed off when Kofi won the Championship from Antonio Cesaro. However, the general feeling is he is a transitional Champion and Ambrose will get the win here. While I think that it's great for Ambrose, I'm worried that this might lead to the break up of The Shield, which would be crazy as they have so much momentum right now. Anyway, Dean Ambrose for the win here.
Predicted Winner: Dean Ambrose

Brock Lesnar will take on Triple H in a steel cage match. I feel that Lesnar has to win this match here. I know that I said that when he faced Cena last year but it would look worse if he loses to a part-time wrestler such as Triple H. Therefore, Lesnar to win here.
Predicted Winner: Brock Lesnar

Due to Jack Swagger practically kicking Dolph Ziggler's head on Smackdown a couple of weeks ago giving Ziggler a concussion, the World Heavyweight Championship will not be defended tonight. Therefore, it will be an "I Quit" match between Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio for the right to be the Number 1 contender. This could be a good match and with Zeb Coulter and Ricardo "Virgil" Rodriguez in the mix, my shenanigans sense is tingling. I'm going for Del Rio to win here and lose to Dolph when he recovers from his concussion.
Predicted Winner: Dolph Ziggler

The main event is for the WWE Championship as Ryback challenges John Cena. This should be an interesting match. With Cena's injury and him being stupid enough to continue to wrestle on it, there is the possibility of him losing under questionable circumstances. I feel that it is more likely that it's a situation where you have Cena overcoming the odds for the billionth time, which will probably in Ryback having a failed push. Even though I'm interested in seeing Ryback as WWE Champion, I can't see it happening. Therefore, Cena to win here.
Predicted Winner: John Cena

I'm yet to publish my Wrestlemania review. When I do, I'll write up the review for this as well and it should all be done within the next fortnight. Until then, hope you enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment