Sunday 2 June 2013

TNA Slammiversary XI Preview

Slammiversary is taking place this evening at the Agganis Arena in Boston. Last year's event was possibly the best one that TNA had done for the last few years. So. how will this one fare? Let's look at the card.

Jay Bradley will take on Sam Shaw for the right to have the last spot in the 2013 Bound for Glory Series. I honestly don't know who these people are, so I'm taking a pot shot and going for Sam Shaw to win.
Prediction: Sam Shaw

The X-Divsion Championship will be a Ultimate X match with Kenny King defending the title against Suicide and Chris Sabin. I'm liking King as Champion so far and the X-Division have been pretty good over the last few months. I think that Kenny King will retain here.
Prediction: Kenny King

AJ Styles will take on Kurt Angle in a match that has the potential to be the match of the night. It's interesting which way TNA will take this. I think that they're going the route with Sting in 1997. I'm going for AJ to win here and further the mystery as to what his true intentions are.
Prediction: AJ Styles

Devon will be defending the Television Championship against Joseph Park (brother of Chris? You know, Abyss?) This could be an interesting contest and I can see Abyss making a cameo appearance and helping his brother to win the title. Therefore, Joseph Park to win here.
Prediction: Joseph Park

Former Knockouts referee Taryn Tarrell will face Gail Kim in a Last Knockout Standing match. This is the first time that I will see women compete in a last man standing match and I generally love those kinds of matches. It's a tough one tp call as I can see both of them winning but I'm going for Gail to be victorious here.
Prediction: Gail Kim

The team of Magnus, Samoa Joe and Jeff Hardy are facing 3 members of Aces and Eights: DOC, Wes Brisco and Garrett "Future of the Business" Bischoff. This could be a good match, even though it has Garrett in it. I think that Aces and Eights will be victorious here.
Prediction: Aces and Eights

The Tag Team Championship will be defended in a 4-way elimination match between Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez, Bad Influence, Austin Aries and Bobby Roode, and the new team of James Storm and Gunner. I'm really looking forward to this match as it involves four of my favourite people in TNA at the minute. This is a tough one to call as I really want either Bad Influence or Aries and Roode to win. I don't think that will happen though so I'm going for Storm and Gunner to be the new Tag Team Champions.
Prediction: James Storm and Gunner

The main event is Bully Ray defending the TNA World Championship against Sting. If Sting loses, he cannot challenge for the Championship ever again. Bully has been quite decent as Champion so far and I think that he will win. However, I think my shenangians sense will be tingling wildly during this match.
Prediction: Bully Ray

Due to the TV deal that TNA have with the UK, it won't get shown until Wednesday night. The review should be within the next fortnight. However, due to the fact that I published my Wrestlemania review two months after it happened, I wouldn't hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment