Sunday 14 July 2013

Money in the Bank 2013 Contenders

It’s now that time of year where the WWE will make two World Champions-in-waiting with the Money in the Bank ladder matches for the World Heavyweight and WWE Championships. So, who are the contenders for this year?

World Heavyweight Championship

Wade Barrett                                                                                    Record: 0-1
The former Intercontinental Champion has long been viewed as a future World Champion. However, as much as I would love to see that happen, a part of me feels that he has missed that opportunity.
Will he Win? It’s highly unlikely

Antonio Cesaro                                                                                Record: First Time
I love everything about Cesaro. His look, his promos and wrestling style are such a joy to watch. His alliance with Jack Swagger and Zeb Coulter may fracture slightly during this match. However, I suspect that we see a World Heavyweight Champion in waiting.
Will he Win? It’s very, very possible

Dean Ambrose                                                                                  Record: First Time
The current United States Champion, along with his Shield buddies, have been one of the highlights in the WWE so far this year. Even though I believe that he will be a future World Champion, I don’t think he will be until long after The Shield part ways.
Will he Win? It’s possible but unlikely

Damien Sandow                                                                               Record: 0-1
While I enjoy Sandow more for his promos than his excellent wrestling ability, I always thought that he would be an interesting World Champion. However, he has not won any title since he debuted so I don't think that WWE will give him this opportunity.
Will he Win? Probably not, no.

Cody Rhodes                                                                                   Record: 0-3
I feel that Cody has been ready to be a future World Champion for a while tho. However, I think that WWE will hold him off for a little while longer.
Will he Win? I can't see it.

Fandango                                                                                          Record: First Time
Fandango has been quite good so far tho I think his wrestling ability does seem to quite limited. I can't see him as a World Champion so I don't think he'll win.
Will he Win? No.

Jack Swagger                                                                                    Record: 1-2
Swagger has been a revelation since his alliance with Zeb Coulter. There's a chance that his partnership with Cesaro could fracture during this match and it will be interesting to see where they go if one of them win. However, I don't think that Swagger will be victorious here.
Will he Win? Well...no.

WWE Championship

Rob Van Dam                                                                                   Record: 1-1
RVD makes his return to WWE in this match and I'm looking forward to see what he can do. However, I can't see him winning this match.
Will he Win? It's unlikely

CM Punk                                                                                           Record: 2-2
Punk is the only wrestler to win this match twice and he has a great chance of making it three times. However, I feel that Brock Lesnar might pay a visit and ruin that chance.
Will he Win? It's very possible

Daniel Bryan                                                                                      Record: 1-1
Bryan is one of the best things going on in the WWE right now and I would love him to become WWE Champion. It's hard to say whether now would be the time but I really hope that it is.
Will he Win? I really, really hope so.

Christian                                                                                              Record: 0-5
Christian has been in the most MITB matches out of all the competitors in this event. However, with all the talent that he is facing, I expect his record to go to 0-6
Will he Win? Probably not, no

Randy Orton                                                                                         Record: 0-2
Due to the fact that Orton hasn't been a Champion for almost 2 years, a lot of people think that this could be his time. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them plus he doesn't need it.
Will he Win? Probably not, no

Sheamus                                                                                                Record: 0-1
The former World Champion could be a dark horse in this match, like Orton. Despite that, I don't think that he needs it either plus the fact he has been annoying the fuck out of me over the last year.
Will he Win? Probably but it's unlikely

No comments:

Post a Comment