Monday 15 July 2013

Money in the Bank 2013 Preview

File:WWE Money In The Bank 2013 poster.jpg

Money in the Bank 2013 is taking place this evening in the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. This is one of my favourite events of the year so will this be up to that standard? Let's look at the card.

The Pre-Show match will be for the Tag Team Championships as The Usos challenge The Shield. It's great to see the WWE make an effort to build up the tag team division and to push The Usos. However, based on who The Shield have beaten since their debut, I can't see them winning.
Predicted Winner: The Shield

The Miz will challenge Curtis Axel for the Intercontinental Championship. While I normally like The Miz, he hasn't done much for me lately. I feel that Axel's reign will continue after this event.
Predicted Winner: Curtis Axel

Ryback  will take on Chris Jericho in what could be an interesting match. Last year at this event, he destroyed Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks in an handicap match. Since then, Ryback has been 0-8 in PPV matches. I strongly feel that Ryback has to  win this match.
Predicted Winner: Ryback

The World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank ladder match will be between Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Dean Ambrose, Fandango, Jack Swagger, Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro. You could argue a case for most of them winning the match. However, I believe that Cesaro will win the match and be a future World Champion.
Predicted Winner: Antonio Cesaro

The WWE Championship Money in the Bank ladder match will be between Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Christian, Sheamus, Randy Orton and the returning Rob Van Dam. Kane was supposed to take part but he got injured by the Wyatt Family on Monday so expect a surprise guest in this match. I can see either Punk or Bryan winning this and I feel that Punk might get screwed out of it. Therefore, I'm going for Bryan to win here.
Predicted Winner: Daniel Bryan

The Divas Championship is on the line as Kaitlyn gets her rematch against AJ. I'm looking forward to this match as their one at Payback was really good and the contract signing on Smackdown was really good, which resulted in Kaitlyn almost killing AJ with a spear. I think that AJ will retain here and we'll see Kaitlyn go insane and possibly fuck Layla up.
Predicted Winner: AJ

The World Heavyweight Championship is defended in a rematch between Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio. I was gutted when Ziggler lost the belt at Payback but it did result in that elusive double turn. I think that Del Rio will retain here and maybe lose it at Summerslam.
Predicted Winner: Alberto Del Rio

The WWE Championship will be defended as Mark Henry challenges John Cena. I would love to see Mark Henry with the belt as he has already proved that he can do a good job with it. However, I feel that the WWE are determined to make 2013 the year of Cena (yay) so I think he'll win here.
Predicted Winner: John Cena

I'm going to watch the first couple of matches live then watch the rest of it another time. I hope to have the Payback review as well as this one up within the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment