Sunday 15 September 2013

WWE Night of Champions 2013 Preview

WWE Night of Champions takes place this evening at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. I would say that this is the one night where all the Championships are defended but that's not really true. Anyway, let's look at the card. 

The Kick Off Show match is a tag team turmoil match to determine who will face Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose for the Tag Team Championships later on that night.  The teams taking part are The Prime Time Players (#millions of dollars), the Real Americans, the Usos, Tons of Funk, and 3MB. This is an interesting one to call as I can see either the Usos or the Prime Time Players. I'm going for the WWE taking advantage of their recent push and giving the Prime Time Players the win here. 
Prediction: Prime Time Players

As for the Tag Team Championships, in which Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns take on the winners of the Tag Team Turmoil match; I can't see them losing the belts considering they look stronger than ever now they're part of Triple H's stable. 
Prediction: Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns

The United States Championships will be defended as Dolph Ziggler challenges Dean Ambrose. Whilst I can see this being a good match, like Rollins and Reigns, I can't see Ambrose losing the belt here. 
Prediction: Dean Ambrose

The Divas Championship will be defended in a fatal 4 way match with AJ Lee defending her title against Natalya, Brie Bella and Naomi. A large part of me thinks that AJ will get through this by the skin of her teeth. However, as part of the Total Divas storyline, I can see Natalya or Brie winning it. I'm going to take a punt and say that Natalya will be victorious here. 
Prediction: Natalya

Now for the only non-title match as CM Punk takes on Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman in an elimination handicap match. We all know that Axel will get pinned by Punk. The question is, what happens after that. I can see Heyman surprisingly winning with a little help with either Brock Lesnar or a new Heyman guy. 
Prediction: Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman

The World Heavyweight Championship will be defended as Rob Van Dam challenges Alberto Del Rio. I'm torn on this one as I can see both guys winning. There is also the Ricardo Rodriguez factor as I do wonder if he will help Del Rio to beat RVD. Despite that, I think that RVD will win; although don't be surprised if you hear Damien Sandow's music hit in the near future. 
Prediction: Rob Van Dam

The main event will be for the WWE Championship as Daniel Bryan aims to get revenge against Randy Orton. I quite enjoyed this feud so far, especially with Triple H being the evil boss. I would be very surprised if Bryan does a Cena and overcome the odds at the first fucking attempt. Therefore, I expect Randy Orton, with some help from Triple H and maybe The Shield, to be victorious; albeit probably by it turning into a clusterfuck. 
Prediction: Randy Orton

I'll probably get to see the Kick Off Show live then watch the event during the week. I hope you enjoy the show and I'll attempt to post my review by next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment