Saturday 28 January 2017

NXT Takeover: San Antonio Preview

NXTSanAntonio.jpg



NXT Takeover: San Antonio takes place this evening at the Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio. Every Takeover that I have seen have been thoroughly enjoyable so I thought it would be fun to review one. Knowing me, that will mean that this will be shit but let's look at the card and find out.

Roderick Strong vs Andrade "Cien" Almas
I've been liking Almas since his heel turn but Strong isn't doing it for me at the minute. I'm going for Almas to win here.
Prediction: Andrade "Cein" Almas

Eric Young vs Tye Dillinger
This is an interesting one to watch. When I started watching TNA, Young was the TV Champion and I couldn't fucking stand his gimmick. However, he got away from that and has proven to be a very good wrestler. As for Dillinger, I like him as well. Despite that, I don't like he'll win which is a shame because I think he needs one.
Prediction: Eric Young

Asuka vs Nikki Cross vs Billie Kay vs Peyton Royce
NXT Women's Championship
I'm actually quite looking forward to this one. I know that Asuka is the only face here, but it can be argued that with her behaviour towards the rest of the Women's Division that she is just as bad. I like all of them but Billie Kay and Peyton Royce are nowhere near ready yet. As for Cross, I'm not a big fan of the whole feral thing but she is a really good wrestler. Despite that, and the fact that Cross is a fellow Scot, I feel that Asuka will win and go on to face Ember Moon in Orlando.
Prediction: Asuka
 
#DIY vs Authors of Pain
NXT Tag Team Championship
This is a match that I wish wasn't happening and that's only because I feel that the rematch between #DIY and The Revival would better suited here instead of it being on TV a couple of weeks ago. As for Gargano and Ciampia, I feel so sorry for them. One of the best stories of the year was their journey to finally become Tag Team Champions. Unfortunately, despite their best efforts, the Authors of Pain are going to completely fuck them up.
Prediction: Authors of Pain

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Bobby Roode
NXT Championship
I am fucking pumped for this one. Since his debut last April, I've become a big fan of Nakamura and he deserves to be Champion. It's only a matter of when he'll get called up. Whilst I love Bobby Roode, I think that it's most likely that he'll win it in Orlando and we'll see Nakamura get called up then. On a side note, based on their entrances last Takeover, they better be accompanied by fucking orchestras this time around.
Prediction: Shinsuke Nakamura

I will get to watch this during the week so until my review goes up, I hope you enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment