Friday 1 June 2012

Wow, TNA is Actually Becoming The Hogan Show!

Ever since Hulk Hogan took over as General Manager of Impact Wrestling several weeks ago, we haven't seen him as much on TV as I thought I would. However, when he is on, he does seem to dominate the show. I know that Hogan is one of the most famous wrestlers of all time; that doesn't mean I want to see him at every opportunity. Now Hogan wants to get his family in on the act as his daughter Brooke Hogan has joined the company to help develop the talent in the Knockouts Division.

My first thought was "What the Fuck?!?!" Brooke, while growing up round wrestlers, is NOT a wrestler herself. She is a singer who used to do the national anthem for the NHL team Tampa Bay Lightning and has had a reality TV show and a decent singing career since. According to TMZ, her main role will be helping the women in developing their characters and backstage promos. If she wants to help out with that, I don't really have a  problem with it. However, based on the advert that was shown on Spike TV recently, I think she might be involved in storylines as well.

I like it when you get children of wrestlers make it in professional wrestling. I also like it when they get to pay their dues on the way to the top. I don't think that memo got to Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan as they are using their backstage power to get their children jobs higher up than they deserve. In Bischoff's case, his son Garrett is wrestling, even though his moves are very basic, and he got a shot at the Television Championship last week.

I know I have mentioned this time and time again, but if TNA want to become a decent wrestling company, they need to rein in Hogan and Bischoff. They can't use their power to get their children important jobs in the company. I understand if they own the company, like Vince McMahon but they don't. I need to wiat and see, but I am slightly worried that this could lead to TNA being viewed as more of a joke than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment