Sunday 17 June 2012

WWE No Way Out 2012 Preview




WWE No Way Out will take place at the IZod Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. I have to admit that I’m not really looking forward to it as the card doesn’t look great. Despite that, it might be a good PPV so let’s take a look.

The Pre-Show on YouTube will see David Otunga take on Brodus Clay. Otunga has been targeting Brodus’ knees and I expect to continue that in this match. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that Otunga’s plan will not be enough and Brodus will win.
Predicted Winner: Brodus Clay

Santino Marella will take on Ricardo “Virgil” Rodriguez in a tuxedo match. This will be no more than a comedy match which both guys are extremely capable of doing. I think that Santino will be victorious here.
Predicted Winner: Santino Marella

Christian will defend his Intercontinental Championship against Cody Rhodes. I can’t see the title being hot shot back to Rhodes, so I think that Christian will retain.
Predicted Winner: Christian

The Divas Championship will be on the line as Beth Phoenix challenges Layla. I know some people are dismissing this match  but I think that this could be a good match. It’s a tough one to call as I think the winner will probably stay champion until the WWE decide to give Kharma her return and she can  then fuck them up. I’m going for Layla to retain and hopefully be Kharma’s first victim.
Predicted Winner: Layla

The World Heavyweight Championship will be defended as Dolph Ziggler will challenge Sheamus. This has the potential to be a really good match and I’m happy that Ziggler has been given this opportunity. However, I don’t think the time is right for Ziggler to win a World Championship quite yet as he hasn’t been  near the title picture since the Royal Rumble. I’m going for Sheamus to win and hopefully the WWE will start to build Ziggler up to the main event level afterwards.
Predicted Winner: Sheamus

The WWE Championship will be defended in a triple threat match between champion CM Punk, Kane and Daniel Bryan. I’m really looking forward to this match as I think it will be the match of the night. While I have no doubt over their ability, the match all rides on the AJ factor. Who will AJ side with? I’ve quite enjoyed AJ slowly going insane in a way that would make Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction proud. Whilst a bit predictable, I think this is all part of a master plan between Daniel Bryan and AJ. I think that Daniel Bryan will win, change the WWE Championship design, and continue the feud until Summerslam.
Predicted Winner: Daniel Bryan

The main event (really, WWE?) will be John Cena and the Big Show in a steel cage match. Right, let’s see what if I got this right. If Cena wins, John Laurinaitis (did you know that he’s the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and  the GM of both RAW and Smackdown?)  will be fired; If Show wins, Cena will be fired. I don’t really get parts of the storyline here.  Why is Vince McMahon angry at Laurinaitis? If you think about it, Vince kind of started all this when he appointed Laurinaitis interim RAW GM last year. Also, why are we yet again threatening Cena with his job? If Cena loses, it won’t matter because, based on what happened with the Nexus in 2010, he’ll just act as if nothing happened.

This is a tough one as I can’t see Cena losing again. The last time he lost 2 PPV matches in a row was last year when he lost to CM Punk at Money in the Bank and Summerslam. The way I see it, The Big Show has to win this match. I know I said that when Cena faced Brock Lesnar at Extreme Rules but in that match, Lensar destroyed Cena and Cena had a bit of luck to win. That cannot be the case here. I don’t mind Cena overcoming the odds eventually, but he can’t do it at the first hurdle like Super Cena. If Cena does that, it will seriously weaken Show’s heel run. The Big Show HAS, no, MUST win this. Otherwise, what the fuck was the point ?
Predicted Winner: Big Show

Hopefully, while I have my doubts, it will be a good event. I hope you enjoy it and I will post my review during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment